Diffuser Spill & Clean Up
We all hope they won't, but sometimes accidents happen.
A customer called me a couple of weeks ago asking for advice. Her daughter had thrown her blanket across the room, it had knocked her Kalani diffuser over and spilt onto her carpet.
She asked if I had any tips for cleaning it up. Luckily for me, I haven't had an accident yet - A LOT of close calls with the boys throwing dog toys around the house - but I'd definitely rather know how to deal with it before it was a problem!
If your Kalani diffuser spills onto your carpet, follow these instructions:
1. Use a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
2. Put corn starch or baking soda over the spill to absorb any remaining oil. Leave it for 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Use a dry paper towel to push the powder onto a dustpan and discard.
4. Pour dish washing liquid over the remaining spill, covering the whole spill if possible.
5. Wet a sponge with warm water and scrub the spill.
6. Rinse in hot water and scrub again; repeat this step until the oil is removed.
7. Dry with a towel and check if the area feels clean of oil.
My customer followed these steps and the next day she couldn't even tell where the oil had been... and her house smelt amazing!
See her before, during and after photos below!